The contemporary events in Kerala, some fake Human Gods and their Celebrations, like Birthday celebrations of Amritanandamayi, ‘Parnashala’ at the Santhigiri Ashram, etc are in headlines of news papers. President of India and our Ministers are also showing great interest in attending these functions and queuing up for blessings of these fake gods. Despite our people are educated, every year such personalities and their devotees are increasing only. People are blindly following these kind of fake citizens. These devotees fall in their traps due to their personal problems and they think that they can survive it by believing them and following their rituals.
People are ready to spend enough money for their problem solving. Not only in Kerala, but in almost all states of India too, these fake Human Gods are cheating lot of people. People easily fall under the trap of these renowned personalities.
Some of the news items are listed below. Just go through them.....
- Amritapuri is gearing up for the 57th birthday celebrations of Mata Amritanandamayi. The birthday celebrations will be held on the premises of the Amritapuri campus of the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- More than three lakh devotees are expected to attend the celebrations. A 70-foot-long and 40-foot-wide stage has been erected for the celebrations. The main hall sprawls over an area of more than 200,000 square feet.
- Arrangements have been made for drinking water to be delivered to the devotees, right where they are seated. More than 200 temporary bathrooms have also been erected in close proximity.
- More than 100 food counters have been arranged to cater to the devotees’ needs. These counters will be run by students from the various Amrita educational institutions. The students will also lead the team responsible for getting rid of food waste and litter. The 200-plus students from the engineering, biotechnology, MBA and ayurveda schools will be joined by more than 200 devotees from abroad.
- The Union Ministers of State Sriprakash Jaiswal, Gurudas Kamat and KV Thomas, and Opposition Leader Oommen Chandy are among the dignitaries attending the jayanthi function
- This imposing construction has a height of about 91 ft. The superstructure has a radius of about 84 ft and an inner diameter of about 64 ft. The structure has 21 lotus petals, of which 12 petals (41 ft. each) face upward and nine petals (31 ft. each) face downward.
- Pristine white marbles sourced from Rajsthan and black granite from Karnataka have been used for construction. Twenty-one pillars, embellished with carvings, support the monument. The edifice has a ‘Baalalayam’, an elevated platform for conducting ceremonies. It has exquisite wood-carvings. The structure holds ‘Sarakoodam’ - a 27 ft.-high enclosure made of teak.
- A life-size gold sculpture of the Guru is installed atop the cask. Floodlights will reflect different colours on the superstructure during night.
- The cost of the project is estimated at Rs. 30 crore.